♥♥♥♥♥

♥♥♥♥♥

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Forever etched....




Today we celebrate Owen...11 years old. I never, ever dreamed I'd have such a wonderful son. I should have known he'd be a special one when he decided to come into this world 5 weeks early. He was so tiny...5 lbs and 7 oz--itty bitty baby. He's still a small guy for his age, but that heart, oh that heart. What he may lack in size, our Creator God has made up for in his sweet, compassionate, serving heart. He has more room in there than most people twice or three times his age. We were watching "Facing the Giants" a couple of weeks ago...in the scene where the boy, David, is being told by his dad that he has prayed for God to do something great through him and David asks his dad, 'then why did God made me so small?' His dad replies, 'so He might show His greatness through you.' Owen looked up at me with big tears in His eyes....Oh the things that God may do through those who recognize Him and long to be used...WOW!

As if any birthday could be forgettable, God certainly smiled down on my boy today and made sure this one would be etched in our minds forever...he killed his first buck! Manhood is on the way. I'm so proud of him! This is sure to be a day...uh--BIRTHday he'll likely not forget!

Happy Birthday my sweet manchild! Your mama loves you lotta much!

3 comments:

  1. You DO have a very big-hearted son. God gave him to a wonderful set of parents who will nurture that servant's heart and direct him in the path he should go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you made me cry AGAIN with the David story. I am sad I don't know him better. You and T had a LOT to do with molding and cultivating that precious heart of his! I love this post! Hooray for raising Godly men!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a blessing to have children, and yet so sad when they keep growing up, isn't it? Great post!

    ReplyDelete