In that cleanup, I pondered why I love Fall so much. It's really the end in many ways...the end of growing for so many plants I love, the end of green grass, the end of the pool, so what is it? It's also a beginning of sorts. It's the beginning of cool weather Football! It's the beginning of rest for my family...shorter days equal more time at home for Tony--yay us! It's the beginning of a holiday season of thankfulness for SO many things. It reminds me of my family at home...my GranNoni was an avid lover of Fall...her birthday, her beloved's birthday, goldenrod, leaves! I miss her. Boiled peanuts...my daddy and his family introduced me to that finery early in life...THANK YOU, DADDY! It's hog-killin' time...even though we don't anymore, the cool snap makes Tony and me think of it every year...maybe we'll just kill a hog again someday--for roots for our kids! It's syurp-makin' (sugar cane) time...my great grandparents did, Tony's family still does, and will miss it this year
So there you go, my roots...that's why I love Fall. It's when I can ponder, get all nostalgic, and share our roots with the babes. It's also a time to deepen roots for them...our fire pit by the old barn, marshmallows, etc! So I'm off to boil some peanuts y'all! And in honor of my dear mama--English teacher forever-- 'Fall has Arriven!!' ;)
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! Love that you wrote it, that you think and live it, that you shared it and that it feels like a hug across a lot of miles. Love you!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Dawn...love this. So good to have a glimpse into your heart and even your day. FB gives us a measly "status update". But blogging, it's like inviting us into your life.
ReplyDeleteBlurb is GREAT for printing your blog when/if the time comes and you want to have a hard copy for your babies. I'm on #5. lol.
So glad you have surrendered to the blogging world. I will enjoy keeping up with your precious family.
ReplyDeleteLove and miss you!!