♥♥♥♥♥

♥♥♥♥♥

Friday, December 7, 2012

Into the "Spotlight"

So I've always been a girlie girl... who loved cattle. I love beauty pageants, pretty dresses and lots of fluff. Ballet and dance was never a part if my life. My performances came in the form of band, choir and the show ring. I feel as though I was/am quite well rounded. My well-rounded daughter has followed and enjoys much of what I have introduced her to...pretty dresses, music, and cattle.  Today I stepped into a whole new world led by my favorite dancer on the planet. Chloe Jane moved up a step in her dancing starting today. Pointe shoes...and a new door opens....Y'all I think I could get crazy with this!!!!

We headed to Lewisville to THE dance store, Spotlight.  We were warmly greeted and informed as first-timers we needed to watch a 30 minute video to learn how to care for our shoes, etc.  So we watched.









Movie watching






Then our fitter, Lauren, had Chloe go to the barre and warm up her feet/ankles while she fetched a few pair to try.  She returned with a basket, and quite honestly I lost count after the 8th pair.  These shoes must fit PERFECTLY...no growing room, no slipping, no wobbling, P.E.R.F.E.C.T!  I was beginning to wonder if that was an elusive idea for this slender footed angel, cause well, she's got a LONG, NARROW young foot.  BUT they do make such as we soon found.  There was a 'maybe' pile and and a 'no' pile of shoes.  Once we made it through the tries and moved into our 'maybe' pile, little girl's pinky piggy was crying, 'Wee, Wee, WEE!'  Being the darling she was, Lauren offered us a break for Chloe to remove her toe spacers, toe pads, etc and just flex and rest her feet.  I worried that maybe her ankles etc aren't ready and then remembered 1. this is THE first time ever for her feet to be in THAT position repeatedly, 2. her teacher totally knows whether or not she's ready, and 3. I'm a mama and worrying about details is what we do.







My FAVORITE shot...pointe shoes and Wranglers...THAT'S MY girl.  From the barn to the ballet floor!








 SO after our break we went back to the 'maybe' pile in hopes of finding the 'yes' pair. And that we did.  They are beauties, as were every pair we tried.  They are Russian Pointe made by Aleksandra Enterprises.  Lauren told us that she felt like they were the pair for her from the beginning of the session.  (I think they were the 3rd pair we tried.)  So that long narrow foot is adorned with its first pair of pointe ballet shoes.  And the girlie sporting them is beaming as is her mama [who will need a job to support this lovely sport ;)--that being said, I'm thankful it isn't hockey equipment I'm paying for!!  $ vs $$$$$$] Now if I can successfully sew her satin ribbons and elastic on....





Decisions, decisions, decisions

Decision made




  





For the record, we had another member of our team along for the ride (1.5 hour fitting) and he proved to be more of trooper than I could have ever expected!! Way to go, Truett!!  He doesn't love ballet, but DOES love his Chloe.  And so does her humbled mama!


As proud as this event makes me of her hard work...she's come a long way this semester in particular, it makes me even happier to see her heart growing in her love for others as the Lord has called her...her love for Him is what will make her a beautiful dancer no matter which shoes she wears....

"Let them praise His name with dancing...." Psalm 149:3

No comments:

Post a Comment