♥♥♥♥♥

♥♥♥♥♥

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

He's still there...

A few revelations/remembrances from my walk this morning...
Walking along the gravel road prior to sunrise, Darlene Zschech and Hillsong filling my ears with inspiration of wonder, I ponder many things. The beauty of this earth being one. The realization that it's nothing compared to the beauty of God's presence.  Eternity will be more than our human eyes can behold....
Upon my return I glance over my shoulder to see the sun peeking just above the eastern horizon.  It's streaked with dark blue-gray clouds...absolutely glorious!!  I turn and walk more, making my way back home.  As I turn look again, the sun, now fading into the clouds as it continues to rise, I realize that the clouds will likely overtake it's bright light and a sunshiny day won't likely be our lot.  Whether or not I can still see the sun, it's still there in the sky...I saw it come up, I see it's rays coming down from the clouds.

Isn't that so much like our lives?  Some days begin and end with our seeing God's hand of providence EVERYWHERE we turn. And some days we don't see Him at all. That doesn't mean He isn't there.  Clouds of discouragement, disappointment, grief may cloud our view, but He is still there. There may be small evidences of Him, rays shining through the clouds, but seeing Him may be difficult.  He's still there.  We may have days where He shines like the summer sun and KNOW He's there... cause He IS still there.  No matter what our view, nothing changes the fact the He is still there.  Just like the sun on a cloudy day, it's still there.  One of my favorite experiences is to fly on rainy days.  We leave the airstrip with dark clouds and rain everywhere, but as we rise into the sky and break through those clouds...SUN, glorious blinding sunlight meets us.  It was there all along.  God gave us the sun for many reasons, seasons to grow things we need, warmth, gravitational pull on our planet, the list goes on...Maybe one more is to remind us of His greatness and His ever presence.  Our  view doesn't change His location.  He's still there.

1.The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
The skies display his craftsmanship.
2 Day after day they continue to speak;
night after night they make him known.
3 They speak without a sound or word;
their voice is never heard.
4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth,
and their words to all the world.
God has made a home in the heavens for the sun. 
Psalm 19:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment