This is my big 4-0 year...can't believe it, actually. My sweet family allowed me to celebrate it in style even though we were MILES apart. I've desired for a very long time to see Chris Tomlin in concert, but it just hasn't ever worked out. This year seemed like it would yet again be a passing year that I'd miss that worship experience. BUT NO! Divine providence brought it to pass in way my heart could never have dreamed! My sweet loving, sacrificial family cheered and supported me on as I flew to Edmonton, Alberta Canada last Sunday. I was greeted at the airport by my sweet--much younger ;) friend, Justine who promptly treated me to a yummy Tim Horton's coffee! (double milk, please!) :)
We spent the next three days together and the night before I was to return home we went to see Chris and the band at Centre Street Church in Calgary! Thanks to my sweet friend, Janet Reeves, we were able to see Jesse (Chris's bass player) and the guys after the concert {we did meet Chris too. :) Jesse introduced us.} It was kinda funny...the whole intermission I was so excited!! I told the girls I felt like I was about to see family. And well, actually I was...they're my brothers in Christ, so... family for sure. Janet and Jesse were such sweet friends of ours in Fort Worth many moons ago. Love them dearly and loved visiting with Jesse. He's as funny as ever, and it makes me miss them and that time in our lives more than I have in a long while. If you know me or ever have known me well, I love to maintain relationships as much as possible (holla for FB!!). Special times pass, but are never ever forgotten. I am so truly thankful that through Jesus our bonds will Never be broken...no matter how many miles apart. Jesse's parting words to me were, 'Edie, how bout you come see us a little closer to home next time? *wink*' ( OK, so I secretly am scheming as to how I can volunteer at Passion!!) Yeah well, now this story has come full circle.
While my original intent was to see Chris Tomlin in concert, seeing Justine was the added bonus in going to Canada to see him. I loved every minute of that hour and half of worship...truly inspiring!! Seeing my Canadian brothers and sisters praising the Lord that way blessed my soul. However, those three days of being with my sweet friend in her home and hearing her heart, sharing meals and laughter was by far the highlight of my trip!♥ That sweet hospitality of hers and her man's were precious. I have my sweet Owen to thank for introducing us last November...he never lets me forget that either ;). However that friendship has come to be what it is, it's truly a blessing to me. Thank you, Justine for hosting and chauffeuring me ALL over creation!!
Never ever underestimate the power of God's hand in who He places in your life...or what He intends to do. Just love as you have been loved....
"Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another."1 John 4:11
Wherever you are, be fully there!




No comments:
Post a Comment