How on earth did I get the privilege to parent this angelic being? This past weekend was the spring dance recital for Premier Dance Studio. What a fun time. I never took dance when I was growing up...not sure why, just didn't. I don't even feel like I missed out. Watching my daughter dance has become one of my favorite humbling, melting moments. WHY would God chose me to birth and raise this precious, beautiful one? Her grace on stage astounds me. She has poise beyond her years when she slips on those ballet shoes. Will she be a professional ballerina?...not highly likely, but I don't think I'd be anymore proud if she were on stage in New York or here in Texas. She makes my heart melt. And the crazy thing is, it's not even something she's wildly passionate about. She likes it, but would take a break...if I'd let her. I'm not for forcing children to participate in activities so that parents can live vicariously through them, however sometimes we can see what they cannot through their innocent eyes of youth. Will she be taking a ballet break?........not yet my dear, not yet. I think there's more in store for her than she realizes. I don't want to shortcut what might be a gift. While I received NO gift of dance, maybe she got my share.... "They should praise Him with dancing. They should sing praises to Him with tambourines and harps." Psalm 149:3.
Dance away, my daughter, dance away!
I'm crying now. Love you both!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog! I love your pictures. I did two thing growing danced and was around cattle. I wish I could still be dancing today!
ReplyDeletewww.crystalcattle.com
She is beautiful!
ReplyDelete