♥♥♥♥♥

♥♥♥♥♥

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fort Worth Stock Show CXV = Little Canada?



This past weekend was spent at the 115th annual Fort Worth Stock Show. It's truly one of my favorite places to be. This year above other years will hold such a special place in my heart...not because we won Grand Champion or any other placings in particular, but because of the friendships that were made and solidified.

Our stall area was fondly coined "Little Canada" this year as we had many Canadian friends along for the ride!
In November, Tony, Owen and I traveled to Canada to the Canadian Western Agribition. It was such an amazing experience to see the cattle and Agribition itself as well as the country of Canada. We met some really neat people and have carried out relationships with many of them through Facebook, etc. , and successfully persuaded them to visit us and experience Texas at it's finest...BOY did they! The weekend started out in the 60's and mid 70*F and finished up at a whopping 4*F with ice and snow...typical Texas.

One of these precious people was Justine! FW stock show was on her 'bucket list' and so she joined us at FW this year. What a TREAT!! The kids absolutely love her...as do their parents ;) Such fun to get to know her and build on a friendship that will likely last for many, many years! We'd love to think we'd make it to her wedding this summer...need to use those passports, hey? I would be so honored to be there for her big day!



Justine helping the little girls (left)

Justine and Chloe after Tony has won reserve division champ (right)




The Blairs.Ag crew sent Kelly and his family along to help get their heifer sold. Chloe and Hadley enjoyed each other, and Justine showed them some great grooming skills!

We were also fortunate to have our dear friends, Clint, Angela, Laurie and Layne along as well. Having just met Clint and Laurie last January I'd say our friendship with the family is growing quickly and well. We were blessed to have them come to our place and stay a couple extra days--or three due to the snow/ice event :\. The boys made fast friends...all five of them ;) and I certainly enjoyed Angela's company. While the ice and snow were a pain, we were able to get some time in before it's arrival and check out the herd and the ranch.



I do love being a part of the Red Angus community and the fact that it has afforded me and my family far reaching benefits and relationships. SO many people I have met and enjoy here in our area. These precious Canadian people would still be strangers were it not for our reds...but now they are friends. How blessed am I! Whatever God's purpose is in our new-found friends, I look forward to the future He has for us....

1 comment:

  1. I love this- a little sharing of a world I know nothing about, appreciation of new friendships and appreciation of what makes you happy. I like it- thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete